Under review

Chunky reader how to setup

Ralph 7 years ago updated by Timmo 6 years ago 8

how do you setup on chunky reader? What do you use for the server address and user name. I can access the comics with no password via web browser

Hey Ralph, 

Assuming you aren't using a reverse proxy or DDNS and solely for local network;

- "http://{Ubooquity_IP_Address}:{Port}/opds-comics" should work.  

- If you don't have a user name setup, you can leave those fields blank.

- If you haven't already, ensure that the OPDS option has been enabled in the Admin Console.  

Notes: normally the port is "IP:2202" for the primary server, and the Admin console is "IP:2203/admin"

Check out https://vaemendis.github.io/ubooquity-doc/pages/installation-guide.html for the install details and where you would configure the ports.

You may also want to change the settings in your modem/router to always assign a fixed IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.X or 10.0.0.X) to the computer running ubooquity.  Otherwise its a pain to change it on every device when/once this changes.  I have learned this the hard way more than once.

I just installed Uboquity (Docker) and paid for the Pro Chunky on my iPad.

But for some reason it Will NOT list Any folder from my books.?

I know its mainly useed for comics but why limit this?

Now I have to move my books into the comic folder in order to see it on the Chunky :-(

This is NOT an access problem if I connect using the web in Chunky same user I Can read the book folder?

Best regards

Caspersen

try adding an other server with ...;/opds-books instead of ..;/opds-comics

so I need one for each!

What about raw files? Same thing?

(I will try this when I am home)

Thanks for the quick reply this was driving me nuts!

Update.

I couldn't find a way to link to the raw-files folder even with a new third link?

iPad usage:

If I use the web UI in Chunky, I get the webpage, but downloading files from here it is not added to the chunky library?

Also if I just select read, I can't find a way to have full screen in Chunky (But again might be better to use chrome instead)

Also I found that adding the two links above for Books/Comics you couldn't tell them apart since the link is the name and its to long to read in Chunky, but that a minor issue. 

So best option right now seem to go look at the covers in the web emulator and then go to the RSS feed and then download them to Chunky - or did I miss something (-; (Ideal would be for chunky to add the feed on the webpage emulator, best of both world, covers with download to local storage)

Sorry still new to using Ubooquity and Chunky so again this might just be me?

BTW: I also found a reader called tiReader works with Ubooquity but Chunky still seems like the best option!

Under review

> I couldn't find a way to link to the raw-files folder even with a new third link?

There is no OPDS feed for raw files, only for books and comics.

> If I use the web UI in Chunky, I get the webpage, but downloading files from here it is not added to the chunky library?

They should be (I've been using Chunky this way for years).

FYI - In case this helps anyone, and just as a note for others, Chunky isn't available on iPhones. I use Marvin 3 to access comics on my Ubooquity server via OPDS on my phone. (I use Kybook for books - I like them separate - kids, etc.).  I use hopto.org, so I can access it from anywhere. So the OPDS address in Marvin 3 or Chunky is http://notgoingtotellyou.hopto.org:2202/opds-comics and .../opds-books in Kybook. Hope this helps you.