0
Planned

Internal server error: String index out of range: 18

synobooks 4 years ago updated 4 years ago 4

Hi, I tried to view logs from webUI but is shown "Internal server error: String index out of range: 18". I tried to delete the existing ubooquity.log but it still shows the same error. What can I do to restore viewing the logs?

Deleting the previous log file works. I don't know what caused that error, but deleting the prior log file restores it.


Here are the logs leading to the error:


20160612 00:39:06 [pool-1-thread-19] WARN com.ubooquity.e.e - Interrupted while sending response (perhaps the client stopped the download) - javax.net.ssl.SSLException - Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

20160612 00:39:06 [pool-1-thread-17] WARN com.ubooquity.e.e - Interrupted while sending response (perhaps the client stopped the download) - javax.net.ssl.SSLException - Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

20160612 00:39:06 [pool-1-thread-18] WARN com.ubooquity.e.e - Interrupted while sending response (perhaps the client stopped the download) - javax.net.ssl.SSLException - Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

20160612 00:39:06 [pool-1-thread-20] WARN com.ubooquity.e.e - Interrupted while sending response (perhaps the client stopped the download) - javax.net.ssl.SSLException - Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

20160612 00:39:34 [pool-1-thread-1] ERROR com.ubooquity.c - Request processing failed for URI: /admin/logs

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 18

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1963) ~[na:1.8.0_92]

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1963) ~[na:1.8.0_92]

at com.ubooquity.provider.webadmin.j.a(SourceFile:542) ~[Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.provider.webadmin.j.h(SourceFile:512) ~[Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.provider.webadmin.j.a(SourceFile:118) ~[Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.c.a(SourceFile:324) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.c.a(SourceFile:58) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.c$1.a(SourceFile:133) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.e.e.a(SourceFile:287) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.e.e$f.a(SourceFile:830) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.e.e$1$1.run(SourceFile:210) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java

:1142) [na:1.8.0_92]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_92]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_92]

20160612 00:40:39 [pool-1-thread-1] ERROR com.ubooquity.c - Request processing failed for URI: /admin/logs

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 18

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1963) ~[na:1.8.0_92]

at com.ubooquity.provider.webadmin.j.a(SourceFile:542) ~[Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.provider.webadmin.j.h(SourceFile:512) ~[Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.provider.webadmin.j.a(SourceFile:118) ~[Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.c.a(SourceFile:324) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.c.a(SourceFile:58) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.c$1.a(SourceFile:133) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.e.e.a(SourceFile:287) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.e.e$f.a(SourceFile:830) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at com.ubooquity.e.e$1$1.run(SourceFile:210) [Ubooquity.jar:1.10.1]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_92]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_92]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_92]


Planned

Thanks for the logs.

The problem comes from the log highlighting function. It's not resilient enough (although I don't know exactly what triggered the error). I'll rewrite it so that it's more robust.

I'm not too sure is it because I have books that have names that are super long or that there are non English characters on them. It only occurred after I added those books inside the library. Hope it helps. Thanks.