0
Under review

Downloading Semi-Working

Scott Townsend 1 month ago • updated 1 month ago 4

Wondering if anyone else has run into this.  I'm pretty sure its a weird Chrome quirk, as Firefox doesn't have the same results.  Also I'm running the latest Stable build 2.1.1.

(In Chrome)When you use the Comic side of the application and click to download, Chrome tries to display the cbr/cbz file.  If I right click > save link as, it will actually download the cbr/cbz.  I tested on the Ebook side and don't get this result, I can download the epub.  


(In Firefox)Click to download and it will prompt for download location for both Comics and Ebooks.

Anyone else run into this and if so, do you find a solution/workaround?

Hello Scott,

shure that you not using any comic reader chrome extension (or pc software with browser support) ? 

i've tested the download function it on 3 computers and can't replay your "cbr/cbz-effect" . 

But, if any cbr/cbz-extension for chrome ist installed, it will open it in a new tab....

Hope that helps !


best regards


TierParkToni

Hey,

I've tried it across four different systems (win10 pro box, ubuntu 17.1, win7 pro, and Pixel 2)  on different networks.  I made sure there wasn't any extensions associated with cbz/cbr reading.  Even made sure and turned off all extensions and made sure on the windows boxes that there isn't anything associated with .cbr/cbz files.  What theme are you using?  Just had a brainstorm that maybe something with the materialized theme I'm using.  I'll switch themes and see if that makes a difference. (edit:  Changed to default theme and still didnt make a difference)

Under review

I have not been able to reproduce the issue either (tested with latest Chrome, 70.0.3538.102, on Win 10).


The only thing I can think of is a proxy that would mess with the HTTP headers.
But that's weird.

Tom,

Yeah I'm running it on nginx with reverse proxy.  Now that you've said that, it might be something in my config.  The download function was working previously, one of my users just told me that they couldn't download about a month ago.  I'll have to check and see if nginx made any changes and look over my config.  

Thanks for testing it your end and giving me an idea of where to look.  Also thanks for making such a great application!