Ubooquity is great for simple manga directory structure but it's a burden when we move to a larger manga database (you know, I love manga).
Search ".description" (or similar) while browsing directory, if the file is found then the whole directory (and subs) is a "leaf": inside you'll find a single comic repository.
File ".description" can contain metadata like:
- description (short / long)
- illustrator (shouldn't be here but it's ok)
- arcs (i.e. "from 1 to 15 is Falling sky, from 16 to 67 is Becoming adult etc...)
- "see also"
tags, author, illustrator and other fields could be used for "advanced" search.
If ".description" exist then a ".samples" subfolder (with covers and similar stuff) could exist too.
If ".description" exist then a ".extra" subfolder (with specials, out of order etc) could exist too.
Comic files can be:
- as they already are (duh)
- splitted between folders (like "arc 1", "arc 2", "arc 3" etc)
I know this isn't really easy to do but well, as far as they are just "ideas"... why not ?
Customer support service by UserEcho